It’s Monday again and we are getting back into our weekday routine. The new chore packs I made the children using Managers of their Chores have been a God Send, literally! My three oldest LOVE to clip their chore cards on and complete them in order and then report back to me. They are pictorial for the non-readers and it is so nice. My four year old son is learning what the pictures mean and starting to remember what he’s supposed to do next. I LOVE MOTC!
I got a lot done this weekend, but looking at my house, it sure doesn’t look like it. What did I do on Saturday?
1. 3-1/2 Quarts of pickles made.
2. Baking done: Coffee Cake, Granola Bars, Cookie Bars
3. 6 Loads Laundry
4. 3 Loads Dishes
5. Church Clothes Prepared
6. Errands Run – 5 stops, took #3 wiht me. That was fun!
7. Made Pear Sauce, and still have many more pears to deal with!
1. Went to Walmart all by my lonesome, peaceful.
2. Clean up Kitchen, kind of.
3. Sewed a cover for my wicker loveseat pad. Moving it into the house for extra seating in the Living Room. "New" piece of furniture for the cost of the fabric to cover, $8.88, plus I got two pillows out of the fabric. GOOD DEAL!
Making some pillows to match, etc. Got another good deal on pillows clearanced at Walmart. Bought 5 pillows for $3 each. I cleaned them out, actually. They aren’t the right colors, but who cares? I am covering them. It costs about $5 to buy a small pillow form, and these are nice 16 inch pillows. Adding some comfort to our living room. It needs to be homier, IMO.
The house is a real mess. I did not finish the boys room completely on Friday, so that is staring me in the face. But right now we need to get our schoolwork done, so I have to live with it for now. More important things, ya know?
Have a blessed day,