Surprise Weekend

It wasn't that much of a surprise.  Living with my Beloved makes life always interesting.  You never know what he'll come up with next.


Thursday night he surprised me by saying he will be home most of Friday on the tractor.   He got back from the office about 10:30 AM and spent the rest of the day clearing around our creek area.  He got rid of a lot of blackberries and cleared the area we plan to build a tree fort for the children.  The three older children spent the day up on the hill with him and his worker, helping hall away the stuff his worker was cutting out with his chainsaw.  The result is we can now see what we've got and WOW!  It is really nice up there.  Those blackberries covered up a really nice setting.  My Beloved is very happy with the way things are looking.


I worked inside most of the day, doing my regular chores and tidying things up a bit.  I fed everyone lunch, and then ran to the store because I was then out of bread for dinner.  My mom came up about 2:00PM and got me up and running on DSL, and in the mean time I had a bried visit with a gal I hand't seen in a while and got to meet her husband and the newest addition to their family.


By this time it was getting close to dinner time, so I asked my Mom if she would like to call my dad and have him come up for dinner.  We all had spaghetti and meatballs with a tossed salad and garlic sourdough.  For dessert we had a menagerie of things available.  Egg nog is out, already.  Some us had that, some the leftover pineapple upside down cake that daughter made the day previous and I had some leftover pudding that daughter had mixed up to make pudding pops with.  It was good day.


The next day, my Beloved ended up on the tractor all day again, and the children with him.  Things are looking nice around here!


Unfortunately, daughter woke up with poison oak all over her face on Sunday.  Here we go again.  It must be going dormant and they contacted it while helping clear.  Funny that our worker hadn't noticed it.  He is an expert at these things.  I really don't know how it happened.  Now #2 has it on his hands.  So we broke out the poison oak soap and told them not to touch their little brothers.


Today, I have two more beds to change, did the dishes already, and have laundry to do, besides school.  So I better get to it.  My Beloved may be home around noon with his workers to get some other things done around the property, and I need to have my routine finished by then.  I cut out a new blouse for myself and am hoping to get a chance to do a little sewing on it, too, today.  We'll see.


Have a happy Monday.


Miss Kris


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s